Big Red Road Show
10th anniversary Big Red Road Show
WHEN: Sunday, March 4th
WHERE: CenturyLink Center, 455 N. 10th Street, Omaha
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln will host its 10th annual Big Red Road Show at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 4th!
The road show will spotlight more than 75 interactive exhibits with displays of star-studded alumni and will honor UNL's past through research, academics and athletics, while sharing opportunities for student discovery, academic excellence and student life at the state's Big Ten Conference university.
The theme, marking 10 years of recruiting the best and brightest students from Omaha at the road show, is "Honor the Past; Build the Future." Admission is free.
- Talent showcase featuring special performances from schools across the Omaha metro area
- Drawing for a free netbook computer (must be present to win, must be a high school student)
- Drawing for a textbook stipend from University Bookstore to one admitted student
- Free graduation limousine ride for Old Market Limo to one admitted student
- Free Old Chicago pizza party to the high school with the most students attending
- Free T-shirts to all high school students who visit each exhibit
- Appearances from Husker legends Eric Crouch, Ahman Green and Amanda Gates Sjuts
The Big Red Road Show is designed to help high school seniors make their final decisions about college and high school juniors and sophomores begin their college search. Students of all ages and adults can attend to experience a glimpse of college life at UNL. Representatives from all UNL undergraduate colleges, graduate studies and campus offices such as Scholarships and Financial Aid, Career Services and Admissions will be on hand.
Big Red Road Show attendees should enter the CenturyLink Center Convention doors. More information about the 10th annual Big Red Road Show is available at roadshow.unl.edu.
UNL is organizing additional events and activities leading up to the road show at the CenturyLink Center, including a UNL Center for Civic Engagement and Nebraska College Preparatory Academy Service Project at Fontenelle Park on March 2nd, and a Big Red Road Show Recognition Tailgate from noon to 1:30 p.m. on March 4th. Hosted by Chancellor Harvey Perlman, the Big Red Road Show Recognition Tailgate will honor educators and administrators in the Omaha area who have made a positive impact on current UNL students.