Kevin Spacey Charged With Sexual Assault; Posts Bizarre Video As His “Frank Underwood” Character From House Of Cards

Officials announced earlier this week that Kevin Spacey has been formally charged with sexual assault, more than a year after a former Boston news anchor came forward with allegations the disgraced actor sexually assaulted her teenage son at a bar in 2016. Cape and Island District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said in a statement “a criminal complaint of indecent assault and battery” has been issued “against Kevin S. Fowler, also known as Kevin Spacey,” for the July 2016 incident. Spacey will be arraigned at Nantucket District Court January 7.

Meanwhile Spacey, the former “House of Cards” actor, tweeted out a video channeling his “Frank Underwood’ character from the series, in his first tweet since October 2017. The three-minute video was titled “Let Me Be Frank,” and in it, Spacey alludes to his firing from the show, which happened as multiple allegations against him came to light.  “You wouldn’t rush to judgment without facts, would you?” Spacey said — in remarks that could be applied to either his TV character, or himself. “Anyway, all this rush to judgement made for such an unsatisfying ending. To think it could have been such a memorable send-off.” 

More than a dozen men have accused Spacey of sexual misconduct. Allegations against him first came to light in October 2017 when “Star Trek: Discovery” star Anthony Rapp said Spacey made a sexual advance on him when he was 14 back in 1986, during a party at Spacey’s home. Spacey claims he did not remember the incident with Rapp, but “if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”

Kevin Spacey resurfaces with strange video as sexual-assault charges loom

Via www.latimes.com
 

Editorial credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com

}